Following the Supreme Court case of KBC Bank Ireland PLC v. BCM Hanby Wallace  IESC 32 , the law in relation to Solicitor’s undertakings has never been so relevant. This one hour lecture deals with the latest case law from the Superior Courts on undertakings and will highlight the potential pitfalls to avoid.
Cases covered include:
- Allied Irish Bank plc v. Maguire  IESC 57 – Damages in relation to breach of undertaking.
- ACC Loan Management v. Barry  IECA 224- Jurisdiction to enforce undertakings
- ACC Bank Plc v Barry trading as Barry & Company Solicitors  IEHC 322 – Technical breach and loss.
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
- Philanthropist module fee on request
- Out-reach group bookings are available for this module
To review scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2018 LEGAL CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers and Consultant Professionals who reduce their fees to a minimum, to support you/your firm, to make a separate, distinct and voluntary donation, directly, to a charity of your choice instead.Between 2015 and 2017, 931 professionals in conjunction with 342 unique firms/companies, registered their attendance at different CPD-Philanthropy training events and initiatives.