The Legal Services Regulation Act 2015 was published on the 30th December 2015 and brings about significant changes, which will come in to affect once the Act is commenced by the Minister for Justice and Law Reform.
The Taxing Masters office will be renamed the “Office of the Legal Costs Adjudicator” and number of additional powers have been extended to the office of the Legal Costs Adjudicator under Section 151. The Powers of Legal Costs Adjudicator are set out in S.156 and further changes will be made in relation to percentage charging. This lecture seeks to cover the main changes which the Act brings about and deals with the implications for Solicitors.
By the end of the module participants should be able to
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different types of legal costs
- Display a deeper knowledge in relation to Solicitor’s duties in relation to costs
- Understand the different costs issues arising in contentious and non-contentious disputes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the new role of The Legal Costs Adjudicator and the implications for Solicitors and clients.
- Types of legal costs and solicitors duties in relation to costs
- Contentious and non-contentious business
- The role of the legal costs adjudicator
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 3 hours
- To view discounted price and booking options please
DOWNLOAD: 2017 LEGAL CPD PROGRAMME
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers and Consultant Professionals who reduce their fees to a minimum, to support you/your firm, to make a separate, distinct and voluntary donation, directly, to a charity of your choice instead.
We recommend that you donate the difference between the course fee and the fee for standard CPD rates, directly to a charity of your choice. Please note CPD-Philanthropy does not administer donations.
In 2016, 251 Solicitors across Ireland, pledged to make a contribution to their Charity of choice. 54 different Charities were nominated. Since its inception in 2015, CPD-Philanthropy has provided CPD to Professionals from over 200 legal firms and companies in Ireland. We invite you to review more comprehensive information on participating firms, nominated charities and testimonials by clicking the respective link.
Please find links to information pertaining to additional TAX benefits including potential 31% top ups by Revenue for donations exceeding € 250.00 to the charity, or tax credits to your company by clicking HERE .