This module deals with Mediation as a form of alternative dispute resolution. With The introduction of The Arbitration Act 2010, The Mediation Bill which is currently in process and the various Court rules allowing for Mediation, this is an alternative dispute mechanism which every practitioner must become familiar with. This module covers all of the relevant legislation, Court Rule and cases in the area, the types of cases Mediation suits and the rules for running a Mediation in practice.
By the end of this module you will have gained a deeper understanding of:
- What Mediation is
- The different types of Mediation
- What types of cases Mediation is appropriate to
- When to advise your clients in relation to Mediation
- What to do if a Court orders Mediation
- How a Mediation is run
- The background and history of Mediation
- Relevant legislation and Court Rules
- Types of Mediation
- The role of the Mediator
- The Mediation Letter
- The Mediation – Practice and Procedure
- Mediation in The Commercial Court – Rule 56(a), Section 205 & property disputes
- Family Law Mediation – SI 539 0F 2009, Order 19A, Rule 7, Information sessions & parenting plans
- Mediation in Personal Injuries - Civil Liability & Courts Act 2004 Section 15, Statute of limitations under the Mediation Bill, Costs, Section 26 of the Bill – The apology, new jurisdiction of the Court.
- Mediation in Probate & Property -The MUDS Act 2011, Section 117 applications, Landlord and tenant disputes, Section 14 of The Mediation Bill – Boundary disputes, The PRTB.
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 3 hours
- Philanthropist module fee on request
To review scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2018 LEGAL CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers and Consultant Professionals who reduce their fees to a minimum, to support you/your firm, to make a separate, distinct and voluntary donation, directly, to a charity of your choice instead.
Between 2015 and 2017, 931 professionals in conjunction with 342 unique firms/companies, registered their attendance at different CPD-Philanthropy training events and initiatives. We invite you to review more comprehensive information on participating firms/companies, nominated charities and testimonials by clicking the respective link.