This short module, introduces you to the legal issues surrounding the complex area of assisted human reproduction and the recent changes in this area of law, brought about The Children & Family Relationships Act 2015. The module deals with the seminal cases on surrogacy and the legal problems arising from In vitro Fertilisation. Irish and international law will be dealt with in the module.
By the end of this module you will have gained a deeper understanding of:
- How to advise a client who wished to avail of AHR
- The different legal definitions of AHR related processes
- The rights of the different parties to a surrogacy arrangement
- The potential legal problems for individuals and couples who enter into such arrangements
- The history and background of AHR
- What is AHR?
- Potential legal problems surrounding AHR arrangements
- The Commission on Assisted Human Reproduction
- The rights to /of Frozen Embryos - Roche v Roche IESC 82
- IVF Donation – The rights of the ‘Favourite Aunt/ Uncle’ – McD v L , Supreme Court
- IVF – Duty of Care
- Proposed rules for parentage – Donor cases
- Surrogacy guidelines
- Family arrangements - MR & Anor v An t- Ard Claraitheoir
- Children & Family Relationship Act 2015
- Surrogacy and maternity leave
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
- Philanthropist module fee on request
- Group bookings are available for this module
To review scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2019 LEGAL CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers and Consultant Professionals who reduce their fees to a minimum, to support you/your firm, to make a separate, distinct and voluntary donation, directly, to a charity of your choice instead.