This short module introduces key-dimensions of operations management in determining efficiency and effectiveness. It considers operations management from strategic, business and functional perspectives. The module is particularly relevant from operations design, management and improvement perspectives.
By the end of this module you will have gained competency in:
- Explaining systemic dimensions of operations.
- Assessing the effectiveness of operations management.
- Developing operational design.
- Choosing from a range of operational improvement approaches.
Transformation model and process; Strategic hierarchy; 4-stage operations model and competitiveness; 5-strategic performance objectives; Designing operations; Evaluating technological choice; Planning and control: managing demand and capacity; Supply chain management; Improving operations performance and performance: continuous vs. radical improvement: Kaizen, Business Process Re-engineering (BPR); Total Quality Management (TQM); Lean production;
Didactic-power point; Experiential-facilitated interactive; Electronic-module-slides;
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 3.5 to 6 hours
- Philanthropist module fee: € 80/person
- Group booking only/minimum numbers apply
- Recommended donation to a charitable organisation of your choice: € 80/person
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers and Consultant Professionals who reduce their fees to a minimum, to support you/your firm, to make a separate, distinct and voluntary donation, directly, to a charity of your choice instead.