The Legal Services Regulation Act 2015 establishes the new independent Legal Services Regulatory Authority to regulate all legal practitioners, along with the Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal to hear disciplinary cases against barristers and solicitors. The Act makes radical changes to the manner in which legal professionals are regulated. This one hour lecture covers the main changes in terms of disciplinary and complaints procedures.
The content covered is set out below:
- The end of self-regulation
- Complaints and disciplinary proceedings under part 6 of the Act.
- Misconduct under the Act
- Referral of complaints by The Bar Council, The King’s Inns and The Law Society
- Limitation periods
- Preliminary review and admissibility
- Inadequate services & excessive costs
- The Review Committee
- Mediation of complaints
- The Complaints Committee
- The Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal
- Appeals to the High Court
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
- Out-reach group bookings are available for this module
To review scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2018 LEGAL CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers and Consultant Professionals who reduce their fees to a minimum, to support you/your firm, to make a separate, distinct and voluntary donation, directly, to a charity of your choice instead.