This short module, introduces you to the recent Solicitor cases which have appeared in The Solicitor’s List and The High Court. It analyses up-to-date case law involving Solicitors and The Law Society ,alleged conflicts of interest, disgruntled clients and professional negligence cases. The module highlights how to avoid potential litigation and how to ensure compliance with Solicitor’s Regulations.
By the end of this module you will have gained a deeper understanding of:
- The latest types of Solicitor’s cases which have been brought before the High Court
- The consequences of failing to keep proper books of accounts
- The situations whereby a Solicitor might find themselves in The Solicitor’s List
- How to avoid conflicts of interests
- The importance of communicating effectively with clients
- What amounts to professional negligence
The lecture will provide an analysis on the following recent High Court cases:
- Boulting -v- Condon  IEHC 503– Failure to pay a sum of money in a probate case
- Sheehan -v- Law Society of Ireland  IEHC 402– Failure to keep proper accounts
- Sandys v. Law Society of Ireland  – Issue regarding failure to send an estimate of costs letter
- M -v- G.I.M.  IEHC 687 - Issue regarding conflict of interest
- Re: Fitzpatrick: Malone applicant  IEHC 231 –Issue regarding reply to emails
- Maverley v. Clarke  IEHC 232 -Issue regarding the removal of certain evidence from booklet of pleadings
- Vesey -v- Kent Carty Solicitors & Anor  IEHC 221– Dismissal of professional negligence claim
- Walter -v- Crossan  IEHC 377 – Whether P.I are recoverable in a negligence action?
Net-Duration: 1 hour
- This lecture is no longer available
To review up-to-date scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2019 LEGAL CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers and Consultant Professionals who reduce their fees to a minimum, to support you/your firm, to make a separate, distinct and voluntary donation, directly, to a charity of your choice instead.