On the 14th of November 2018, legislation was enacted to transpose the Fourth Anti Money Laundering Directive (MLD4) into Irish law. This one hour lecture deals with some of the reforms which the Act introduces.
The main topics which will be discussed are as follows:
- The expansion of the definition of persons to be considered beneficial owners of bodies corporate, trusts and partnerships;
- New obligations for designated persons in relation to business risk assessments as part of customer due diligence (CDD) processes;
- The expansion of the definition of politically exposed persons (PEPs);
- Limits on exemptions relating to certain electronic money products;
- Monitoring and reporting;
- Internal policies and procedures;
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
To review scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2021 Legal CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is an independent network of distinguished Barristers/Legal Academics who reduce CPD rates to a minimum, to encourage you/your firm, to make a separate donation directly, to a charity of your choice instead.
Between 2015 and 2020, 2905 Solicitors in conjunction with 651 firms/public bodies, registered their attendance at CPD-Philanthropy training events/activities. Since December 2015, Solicitors pledged support for 167 different charitable projects. We invite you to review more comprehensive information on participating firms/companies, nominated charities and testimonials by clicking the respective link.