With the introduction of The Mediation Act 2017, there has been an upsurge in alternative dispute resolution with legal practitioners focusing not just on Mediation but on negotiating and settling cases at an earlier stage in order to avoid lengthy litigation. This one hour module focuses on the following key rules in relation to negotiating and settling cases.
The lecture covers the following topics:
- Solicitors duties in relation settling litigation.
- Advising clients in relation to settling a case.
- Different approaches to negotiation.
- Different types of settlements agreements.
- Drafting up settlement agreements.
- Enforcing settlement agreements.
- How to deal with costs in settlement agreements.
- Dealing with infant and lay litigant settlements.
Lecture / e-Lecture, PowerPoint;
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
To review current/scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2020 Legal CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is an independent network of distinguished Barristers/Legal Academics who reduce CPD rates to a minimum, to encourage you/your firm, to make a separate donation directly, to a charity of your choice instead.
Between 2015 and 2019, 2459 Solicitors in conjunction with 581 firms/public bodies, registered their attendance at CPD-Philanthropy training events/activities. Since December 2015, Solicitors pledged support for 170 different charitable projects. We invite you to review more comprehensive information on participating firms/companies, nominated charities and testimonials by clicking the respective link.