This one hour lecture analysed the latest cases in this area of law and highlighted the pitfalls to avoid when carrying out due diligence and AML compliance.
The lecture dealt with the following recent cases and issues:
- Cases involving a failure to file a suspicious transaction report (STR)
- Cases involving passive inaction
- Abou-Rahmah and others v Abacha and others  EWCA Civ 1492
- Barlow Clowes International Ltd v Eurotrust International Ltd  UKPC 37
- Canada (Attorney General) v. Federation of Law Societies of Canada 2015 SCC 7
- Griffiths & Anor, (R v Griffiths)  EWCA Crim 2155
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
To review current/scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2022 Legal CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is an independent network of distinguished Barristers/Legal Academics who reduce CPD rates to a minimum, to encourage you/your firm, to make a separate donation directly, to a charity of your choice instead.
Between 2015 and 2021, 3440 Solicitors in conjunction with 702 firms/public bodies, registered their attendance at CPD-Philanthropy training events/activities. Since December 2015, Solicitors pledged support for 184 different charitable projects. We invite you to review more comprehensive information on participating firms/companies, nominated charities and testimonials by clicking the respective link.