This one-hour lecture discusses the principles underpinning the new legislation and outlines the importance of the ‘Nothing about us without us’- human rights based- people-centred approach. The lecture focuses on the main changes being brought in by The Assisted Decision Making (Capacity) Act 2015 and Assisted Decision Making (Capacity) Amendment Bill.
The lecture covers a number of topics, including:
- Capacity – right to exercise autonomy and self-determination.
- Who is a “relevant person” RE Capacity?
- Sec 8 guiding principles- before and during intervention with relevant persons.
- What kind of decisions on behalf of a relevant person?
- New three-tier framework
- Intervention – none unless necessary
- ‘Interveners’ - Intervention Defined sec 2
- Applications to court -5 chapters sec 35-52.
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
To book this lecture please refer to: 2023 Legal CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers / Consultant professionals who reduce CPD rates to a minimum, to encourage you/your firm, to make a separate donation directly, to a charity of your choice instead.
Between 2015 and 2022, 4112 Solicitors in conjunction with 838 firms / public bodies, registered their attendance at CPD-Philanthropy training events/activities. Since December 2015, Solicitors pledged support for 220 different charitable projects. We invite you to review more comprehensive information on participating firms/companies, nominated charities and testimonials by clicking the respective link.