With advances in medical science and the establishment of fertility clinics providing services including IVF, donor assisted human reproduction and advice on surrogacy, it is imperative for legal practitioners to be aware of the legal consequences and issues which can arise in relation to assisted human reproduction. This one hour lecture gives an outline of the law in Ireland at present and deals with various cases which have engaged with this topic. The lecture also refers to proposed changes in the law going forward.
- The Children & Family Relationships Act 2015
- R & D.R (minors) v An t Ard Chlaraitheoir  3 IR 533
- Donor assisted human reproduction
- Consent to use of gamete
- Consent of intending mother
- Declaration of parentage
- The National Donor conceived register
- The Assisted Human Reproduction Bill 2017
- To be aware of the relevant parts of the legislation which have been commenced.
- To be able to advise clients on the use of donors for AHR and the legal consequences of same.
- To be in a position to understand, and advise upon, the process to be undertaken regarding the declaration of parentage.
- To have a clear knowledge of the law relating to consent by the donor and the intending parents.
- To be aware of the proposed changes to the law.
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
To review scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2019 LEGAL CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers and Consultant Professionals who reduce their fees to a minimum, to support you/your firm, to make a separate, distinct and voluntary donation, directly, to a charity of your choice instead.