The Supreme Court case of Brandley v Deane  IEHC 83, handed down in November 2017 clarified the law in relation to limitation periods for building defect claims. This one hour lecture analyses the Judgment along with dealing with defects periods in standard form clause. The lecture also engages with topical issues such as costs and dispute resolution clauses.
- Defects period
- Recent costs awards in construction cases
- Dispute resolution clauses
- Limitation periods
- Sectoral employment orders
- To be in a position to advise clients in relation to defects periods
- To be able to advise on potential costs orders.
- To have a knowledge and understanding of parties’ rights and duties under Dispute Resolution Clauses
- To be aware of the limitation periods set down in Brandley v Deane  IEHC 83
- To understand to law relating to pay and conditions for employees in the construction sector.
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
To review scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2019 LEGAL CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers and Consultant Professionals who reduce their fees to a minimum, to support you/your firm, to make a separate, distinct and voluntary donation, directly, to a charity of your choice instead.