The Supreme Court case of Brandley v Deane  IEHC 83, handed down in November 2017 clarified the law in relation to limitation periods for building defect claims. This one hour lecture analyses the Judgment along with dealing with defects periods in standard form clause. The lecture also engages with topical issues such as costs and dispute resolution clauses.
- Defects period
- Recent costs awards in construction cases
- Dispute resolution clauses
- Limitation periods
- Sectoral employment orders
- To be in a position to advise clients in relation to defects periods
- To be able to advise on potential costs orders.
- To have a knowledge and understanding of parties’ rights and duties under Dispute Resolution Clauses
- To be aware of the limitation periods set down in Brandley v Deane  IEHC 83
- To understand to law relating to pay and conditions for employees in the construction sector.
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
To review current/scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2023 Legal CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers / Consultant professionals who reduce CPD rates to a minimum, to encourage you/your firm, to make a separate donation directly, to a charity of your choice instead.
Between 2015 and 2022, 4112 Solicitors in conjunction with 838 firms / public bodies, registered their attendance at CPD-Philanthropy training events/activities. Since December 2015, Solicitors pledged support for 220 different charitable projects. We invite you to review more comprehensive information on participating firms/companies, nominated charities and testimonials by clicking the respective link.