This short module, introduces you to the legal issues surrounding the rights of the child and the responsibilities of parents. The module covers recent changes brought about by The Children & Family Relationship Act 2015 along with recent case law dealing with guardianship, custody, access, child abduction and supervision and care orders.
By the end of this module you will have gained a deeper understanding of:
- How The Children and Family Relationships Act changes the law relating to adoption , guardianship, custody and access
- New rules relating to temporary guardians and unmarried fathers
- New rules regarding enforcement of Orders
- How the Best Interests of the Child is to be decided
- The Court’s attitude in relation to the Best Interests Principle
- Children’s rights and parental responsibilities in Child Abduction cases
- Parental rights and responsibilities in Care/ Supervision proceedings
- The Children’s Referendum and The Best Interests Principle
- The effect of The Children & Family Relationships Act 2015 on custody, access and guardianship
- Latest case law on custody, access and guardianship – R v B  IEHC 647. E v E  IEHC 379
- Latest case law on child abduction – G v R  IEHC 16, AU v TNU  IESC 39
- Latest case law on the intervention of the State and Care and Supervision Orders –  IEHC 533
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
This course is no longer available.
To review current/scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2021 Legal CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is an independent network of distinguished Barristers/Legal Academics who reduce CPD rates to a minimum, to encourage you/your firm, to make a separate donation directly, to a charity of your choice instead.
Between 2015 and 2020, 2905 Solicitors in conjunction with 651 firms/public bodies, registered their attendance at CPD-Philanthropy training events/activities. Since December 2015, Solicitors pledged support for 167 different charitable projects. We invite you to review more comprehensive information on participating firms/companies, nominated charities and testimonials by clicking the respective link.