The Children and Family Relationships Act 2015 makes significant changes to the law in relation to guardianship, custody and access, along with new provisions dealing with Assisted Human Reproduction. This lecture aims to give attendees a good working knowledge of the recent changes in order to advise clients in Family Law cases.
By the end of the module participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of The Children and Family Relations Act 2015
- Know the updated position regarding guardianship and unmarried fathers
- Know the updated position regarding custody application and who can apply
- Know the updated position regarding maintenance
- Understand the impact of the legislation on surrogacy and assisted human reproduction
- An overview of The Children and Family Relationships Act 2015
- The position of unmarried fathers
- Categories of people entitled to apply for guardianship
- Court appointed guardians
- Persons entitled to apply for custody
- Enforcement orders
- Maintenance responsibilities
- Donor assisted human reproduction
- Parentage in assisted human reproduction cases
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
To review current/scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2021 Legal CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is an independent network of distinguished Barristers/Legal Academics who reduce CPD rates to a minimum, to encourage you/your firm, to make a separate donation directly, to a charity of your choice instead.
Between 2015 and 2020, 2905 Solicitors in conjunction with 651 firms/public bodies, registered their attendance at CPD-Philanthropy training events/activities. Since December 2015, Solicitors pledged support for 167 different charitable projects. We invite you to review more comprehensive information on participating firms/companies, nominated charities and testimonials by clicking the respective link.