This course focuses on the newest developments and challenges facing practitioners on both sides of the debt collection and repossession divide.
- Private debt collection proceedings and the difficulties presented by the summary process
- Defences to debt collection matters - particularly the developing jurisprudence regarding undue influence in the wake of Ulster Bank v Roche
- The different types of repossession proceedings -mortgages on commercial and principal private residences as well as judgment debtors and the well charging process
- The shifting landscape of jurisprudence as regards the Circuit Court and repossessions
- Practical difficulties faced in prosecuting and defending repossession proceedings in any Court
- The absent spouse as a problem in joint mortgages and how to address it
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 2 hours
To review scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2018 LEGAL CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers and Consultant Professionals who reduce their fees to a minimum, to support you/your firm, to make a separate, distinct and voluntary donation, directly, to a charity of your choice instead.