Order 84 of The Rules of the Superior Courts deals with procedural changes regarding the bringing of Judicial Review applications. This lecture covers the practice and procedure involved in High Court, Judicial Review applications and provides Solicitors with an overview of the relevant rules.
By the end of the module participants should be able to:
- Understand the circumstances in which Judicial Review can be used
- Know the relevance of time limits
- Understand the significance of using specific grounds of claim
- Understand how a ‘telescoped’ hearing is run
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Order 84 RSC
- Order 84, Rules of Superior Courts
- Time limits for bringing proceedings and service
- Extension of time to apply for leave
- Precision and particularity
- Case management
- Telescoped hearings
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
This lecture is no longer available.
To review current/scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2021 Legal CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is an independent network of distinguished Barristers/Legal Academics who reduce CPD rates to a minimum, to encourage you/your firm, to make a separate donation directly, to a charity of your choice instead.
Between 2015 and 2020, 2905 Solicitors in conjunction with 651 firms/public bodies, registered their attendance at CPD-Philanthropy training events/activities. Since December 2015, Solicitors pledged support for 167 different charitable projects. We invite you to review more comprehensive information on participating firms/companies, nominated charities and testimonials by clicking the respective link.