This short module introduces you to the various issues surrounding the recruitment, training and managing of employees in a busy practice. It highlights various legal pitfalls which employer should be aware of in order to ensure compliance with employment law and in order to avoid potential litigation.
By the end of this module you will have gained a deeper understanding of:
- Legal issues surrounding recruitment of employees
- How to manage performance issues
- How to deal with grievance and disciplinary problems
- How to ensure compliance with Health and Safety Legislation
- How to avoid bullying and harassment claims
The lecture will cover the following topics:
- Recruitment – The Golden Rules
- The law on advertising jobs, conducting interviews & references
- Case law relating to performance management, grievance procedures and disciplinary issues
- The law relating to Employment Equality issues
- Health & Safety in the office –The Safety Statement
- Case law relating to bullying, harassment and stress claims.
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
This Lecture is currently not available.
To review current/scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2023 Legal CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers / Consultant professionals who reduce CPD rates to a minimum, to encourage you/your firm, to make a separate donation directly, to a charity of your choice instead.
Between 2015 and 2022, 4112 Solicitors in conjunction with 838 firms / public bodies, registered their attendance at CPD-Philanthropy training events/activities. Since December 2015, Solicitors pledged support for 220 different charitable projects. We invite you to review more comprehensive information on participating firms/companies, nominated charities and testimonials by clicking the respective link.