This short module introduces you to the various issues surrounding the recruitment, training and managing of employees in a busy practice. It highlights various legal pitfalls which employer should be aware of in order to ensure compliance with employment law and in order to avoid potential litigation.
By the end of this module you will have gained a deeper understanding of:
- Legal issues surrounding recruitment of employees
- How to manage performance issues
- How to deal with grievance and disciplinary problems
- How to ensure compliance with Health and Safety Legislation
- How to avoid bullying and harassment claims
The lecture will cover the following topics:
- Recruitment – The Golden Rules
- The law on advertising jobs, conducting interviews & references
- Case law relating to performance management, grievance procedures and disciplinary issues
- The law relating to Employment Equality issues
- Health & Safety in the office –The Safety Statement
- Case law relating to bullying, harassment and stress claims.
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
- Philanthropist module fee on request
To review scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2018 LEGAL CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers and Consultant Professionals who reduce their fees to a minimum, to support you/your firm, to make a separate, distinct and voluntary donation, directly, to a charity of your choice instead.