The Mediation Act 2017 came into force in January 2018.This one hour lecture will deal with the changes which the act has brought about in relation to practice and procedure surrounding Mediation. The lecture will focus ,in particular, on how Mediation can be used by practitioners in relation to dealing with difficult cases and it will highlight the types of cases for which Mediation is appropriate.
The lecture will cover the following topics:
- Developments & practice since the introduction of The Mediation Act
- Why do cases go to Mediation?
- Seeking adjournments for Mediation.
- Type of cases suitable/ unsuitable for Mediation
- What happens when the invitation to Mediation is artificial?
- Mediation and complex legal issues.
- A review of the latest cases.
Lecture / e-Lecture, PowerPoint;
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
To review scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2019 LEGAL CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers and Consultant Professionals who reduce their fees to a minimum, to encourage you/your firm, to make a separate, distinct and voluntary donation, directly, to a charity of your choice instead.