The Mediation Act 2017 came into force in January 2018. This one hour lecture will deal with the changes which the act has brought about in relation to practice and procedure surrounding Mediation. The lecture will focus ,in particular, on how Mediation can be used by practitioners in relation to dealing with difficult cases and it will highlight the types of cases for which Mediation is appropriate.
The lecture will cover the following topics:
- Developments & practice since the introduction of The Mediation Act
- Why do cases go to Mediation?
- Seeking adjournments for Mediation.
- Type of cases suitable/ unsuitable for Mediation
- What happens when the invitation to Mediation is artificial?
- Mediation and complex legal issues.
- A review of the latest cases.
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
To book this lecture please refer to: 2023 Legal CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers / Consultant professionals who reduce CPD rates to a minimum, to encourage you/your firm, to make a separate donation directly, to a charity of your choice instead.
Between 2015 and 2022, 4112 Solicitors in conjunction with 838 firms / public bodies, registered their attendance at CPD-Philanthropy training events/activities. Since December 2015, Solicitors pledged support for 220 different charitable projects. We invite you to review more comprehensive information on participating firms/companies, nominated charities and testimonials by clicking the respective link.