Developments in Medical Negligence Litigation, 2018 - 2019 by John Healy SC. With the emergence of numerous cases coming before the Court relating to cervical screening in the past year, case law has developed significantly in this area of law. This one hour lecture deals with some of the main issues and case law surrounding cervical screening, along with a discussion practice and procedure updates.
- Misdiagnosis & Delayed Diagnosis
- Developments in Liability & Damages
- Screening Programmes
- Morrissey & Morrissey v HSE & Ors  I.E.H.C. 268
- Morrissey: Compensated Injury, Damage, and Loss Ø Morrissey: Future Post-death Family Losses & Costs
- Morrissey: Claims by Living Victims & Family Members
- Determination of the Standard of Care for Screeners
- Practice & Procedure Updates
- Expert Reports
- Renewal of Summonses
- The s.8 Notice of Claim and Summons Particulars
- Verifying Affidavits
- Disclosure / Candour
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
To review scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2020 Legal CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is an independent network of distinguished Barristers/Legal Academics who reduce CPD rates to a minimum, to encourage you/your firm, to make a separate donation directly, to a charity of your choice instead.
Between 2015 and 2019, 2459 Solicitors in conjunction with 581 firms/public bodies, registered their attendance at CPD-Philanthropy training events/activities. Since December 2015, Solicitors pledged support for 170 different charitable projects. We invite you to review more comprehensive information on participating firms/companies, nominated charities and testimonials by clicking the respective link.