This one hour lecture deals with a myriad of topics pertaining to probate law issues, which came before the Courts in recent times. The lecture covers issues such as homemade wills, problems relating to residue clauses and he role of the personal representative.
Cases dealt with in the lecture cover the following topics:
- The inter-relationship between s. 50 of the Succession Act, 1965 (“the 1965 Act”) and the fiduciary duties of personal representative
- Whether a debt owed is statute barred by s. 9 of the Civil Liability Act, 1961?
- The question of a loss to beneficiaries arising from an executor’s inaction in administering an estate.
- The validity of a homemade will
- The interpretation of a residue clause.
- Conflict of interests and the Personal Representative.
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
To review scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2018 LEGAL CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers and Consultant Professionals who reduce their fees to a minimum, to support you/your firm, to make a separate, distinct and voluntary donation, directly, to a charity of your choice instead.