This one hour lecture deals with a myriad of topics pertaining to probate law issues, which came before the Courts in recent times. The lecture covers issues such as homemade wills, problems relating to residue clauses and he role of the personal representative.
Cases dealt with in the lecture cover the following topics:
- The inter-relationship between s. 50 of the Succession Act, 1965 (“the 1965 Act”) and the fiduciary duties of personal representative
- Whether a debt owed is statute barred by s. 9 of the Civil Liability Act, 1961?
- The question of a loss to beneficiaries arising from an executor’s inaction in administering an estate.
- The validity of a homemade will
- The interpretation of a residue clause.
- Conflict of interests and the Personal Representative.
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
To review current/scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2023 Legal CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers / Consultant professionals who reduce CPD rates to a minimum, to encourage you/your firm, to make a separate donation directly, to a charity of your choice instead.
Between 2015 and 2022, 4112 Solicitors in conjunction with 838 firms / public bodies, registered their attendance at CPD-Philanthropy training events/activities. Since December 2015, Solicitors pledged support for 220 different charitable projects. We invite you to review more comprehensive information on participating firms/companies, nominated charities and testimonials by clicking the respective link.