With the recent introduction of The Mediation Act 2017, alternative dispute resolution is set to become much more common in civil and commercial law cases. Mediation can either be agreed as a course of action between the parties involved or it can be Court ordered. This one hour lecture will cover the most pertinent points of the new legislation, for practitioners.
Topics covered include:
- Obligations on Solicitors in terms of advising clients on mediation
- Advising clients in relation to the benefits of mediation.
- The voluntary nature of mediation
- The confidential nature of mediation
- The role of the mediator
- The mediation conference
- The mediation agreement and the enforceability of such an agreement
- Costs and the Courts discretion where there is unreasonable behaviour
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
To review scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2019 LEGAL CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers and Consultant Professionals who reduce their fees to a minimum, to support you/your firm, to make a separate, distinct and voluntary donation, directly, to a charity of your choice instead.
Between 2015 and 2018, 1546 professionals in conjunction with 475 firms/companies, registered their attendance at different CPD-Philanthropy training events and initiatives. We invite you to review more comprehensive information on participating firms/companies, nominated charities and testimonials by clicking the respective link.