The Statute of Limitations is, perhaps, the biggest enemy of every Lawyer. Time limits for issuing proceedings must be strictly adhered to and serious consequences can flow for failure to comply with the relevant time periods laid down. This one- hour lecture gives a comprehensive overview of the relevant statutory time periods for various causes of actions.
- Property damage time limits
- Personal injuries time limits
- Medical Negligence time limits
- Probate time limits
- Contract Law time limits
- To have an overview of all of the statutory time limits set for each different type of action.
- To have an understanding of the recent changes in relation to ‘time of accrual’ in property damage/ defects cases.
- To gain clear knowledge of Section 3(1) of The Statute of Limitations Act 1991 and the issue of discoverability.
- To be able to advise Medical Negligence clients on the relevance of the ‘date of knowledge’ issue.
- To know when time stops running.
Duration & pricing:
- Net-Duration: 1 hour
To book this lecture please refer to: 2023 Legal CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers / Consultant professionals who reduce CPD rates to a minimum, to encourage you/your firm, to make a separate donation directly, to a charity of your choice instead.
Between 2015 and 2022, 4112 Solicitors in conjunction with 838 firms / public bodies, registered their attendance at CPD-Philanthropy training events/activities. Since December 2015, Solicitors pledged support for 220 different charitable projects. We invite you to review more comprehensive information on participating firms/companies, nominated charities and testimonials by clicking the respective link.