This lecture series covers the latest legislation and regulations governing Solicitors in Ireland. Solicitors must undertake two CPD hours in relation to regulatory matters. Furthermore, sole practitioners and compliance partners must undertake a minimum of three hours CPD in relation to regulatory matters, of which at least two hours shall be accounting and anti-money laundering compliance. This lecture covers all relevant CPD, regulatory requirements both for sole practitioners/ compliance partners and/or Solicitors who must undertake the minimum two hour requirement.
By the end of the module participants should be able to
- Understand the new duties and obligations of Solicitors under The Legal services Act 2015.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of the duties and obligations of Solicitors under The Solicitor’s Accounting Regulations 2014
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of The Criminal Justice (Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing) Act 2013, insofar as it applies to Solicitors.
- The Legal Services Act 2015
- The Solicitor’s Accounting Regulations 2014
- The Criminal Justice (Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing) Act 2013
Net-Duration: 1 - 3 hours
- These lectures are no longer available.
To review up-to-date scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2019 LEGAL CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers and Consultant Professionals who reduce their fees to a minimum, to support you/your firm, to make a separate, distinct and voluntary donation, directly, to a charity of your choice instead.