This lecture series covers the latest legislation and regulations governing Solicitors in Ireland. Solicitors must undertake two CPD hours in relation to regulatory matters. Furthermore, sole practitioners and compliance partners must undertake a minimum of three hours CPD in relation to regulatory matters, of which at least two hours shall be accounting and anti-money laundering compliance. This lecture covers all relevant CPD, regulatory requirements both for sole practitioners/ compliance partners and/or Solicitors who must undertake the minimum two hour requirement.
By the end of the module participants should be able to
- Understand the new duties and obligations of Solicitors under The Legal services Act 2015.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of the duties and obligations of Solicitors under The Solicitor’s Accounting Regulations 2014
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of The Criminal Justice (Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing) Act 2013, insofar as it applies to Solicitors.
- The Legal Services Act 2015
- The Solicitor’s Accounting Regulations 2014
- The Criminal Justice (Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing) Act 2013
Net-Duration: 1 - 3 hours
To review current/scheduled booking options, please refer to: 2023 Legal CPD programme
CPD-Philanthropy is a network of distinguished Barristers / Consultant professionals who reduce CPD rates to a minimum, to encourage you/your firm, to make a separate donation directly, to a charity of your choice instead.
Between 2015 and 2022, 4112 Solicitors in conjunction with 838 firms / public bodies, registered their attendance at CPD-Philanthropy training events/activities. Since December 2015, Solicitors pledged support for 220 different charitable projects. We invite you to review more comprehensive information on participating firms/companies, nominated charities and testimonials by clicking the respective link.